Third Sector Research Centre (TSRC)
The Third Sector Research Centre is.an academic partnership led by the University of Birmingham with contributions from Southampton, Middlesex University, and the University of Kent. It is funded by the Economic and Social Research Council, the Barrow Cadbury Trust, and the Office for Civil Society.
The TSRC regularly publishes its research through an open access Working Paper and Briefing Paper series. LINK
The TSRC aims:
- to enhance its knowledge of the third sector through independent and critical research
- to better understand the value of the sector and how this can be maximised
- to develop knowledge and understanding of the third sector through robust research that can inform policy and practice.
TSRC research is divided into a variety of research stream which use quantitative, qualitative and mixed-methods. The scope of its activity includes research on:
- ‘Below-the-Radar’ community activity
- Social enterprise
- Service delivery in health and social care
- Cross-sectional and longitudinal studies of volunteering
- Developing and analysing databases on third sector organisations
- Community engagement
- Longitudinal work on third sector organisations
In collaboration with the British Library and funding from the BIG Lottery fund the TSRC also hosts The Third Sector Knowledge Portal – an online resource for the third sector LINK